Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our free online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- URGENT NEWS : Students, many of you have asked me about the structure and details of our class as well as for certificates of completion. I have written a post, together with video translations in English, French, Spanish, Russian, Hindi, and Arabic, to share this information with you. Please click here: http://usaenglish.club/blog/2021/02/14/welcome-to-usa-english-club/
- Lesson Spotlight: Happy Valentine’s Day! Next school year, you will receive more intense reading instruction from me. Here’s an example of a reading assignment called: “Valentine’s Day”. Enjoy:
3. English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Great news students, we now have Commercials for English Learners which are helpful with English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, Business Services: http://sersea.com/2021/01/13/commercials-for-english-learners-business-services/
4. Maestro Sersea Home and Travel Videos Spotlight: Do you like to travel to nearby places where you live? Here’s a 9 minute video I made recently while walking along Dana Point Harbor, California. I’ll share more driving videos from beautiful places soon:
5. Weekly English Grammar Spotlight: Each week we will focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on English Past Continuous Tense. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about the Past Continuous Tense: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verb-tenses_past-continuous.htm
Here’s a video that introduces the Past Continuous Tense:
6. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: DEDICATION – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- complete and wholehearted fidelity
- a short message (as in a book or musical work or on a photograph) dedicating it to someone or something
- a ceremony in which something (as a building) is dedicated to some goal or purpose
- a message that makes a pledge
- the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action; “his long commitment to public service”; “they felt no loyalty to a losing team”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/