Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our free online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
1. Urgent News #1: Students, many of you have asked me how you can collaborate with other English Learners to improve American English skills. Great news! We now have our own website to make friends, join groups, and collaborate with other English Learners via our new website: http://AmericanEnglish.vip . You can click here to create a free account: https://americanenglish.vip/register/ . Please watch the following introductory video:
2. Urgent News #2: Students, many of you have asked me how you can collaborate with other English Learners to improve American English skills. Great news! I have just purchased a monthly audio-video conferencing service that allows up to 500 users to chat and interact in our own online audio-video conference room. You are encouraged to visit our online conference room as often as you wish in order to practice your writing skills as you chat, make friends, and collaborate with your colleagues. In the near future, I will also organize some online live events so we can meet and practice English together. Please visit: http://sersea.com/chat-room/ Please watch the following introductory video:
3. English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Great news students, we now have Commercials for English Learners which are helpful with English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, Car Dealership: http://sersea.com/2021/01/13/commercials-for-english-learners-car-dealership/
4. Maestro Sersea Home and Travel Videos Spotlight: Do you like to travel to nearby places where you live? Here’s a 15 minute video I made recently while driving through Aliso Viejo, Laguna Woods, and Irvine, California. I’ll share more driving videos from beautiful places soon:
5. Weekly English Grammar Spotlight: Each week we will focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on English Past Simple Tense. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about the Past Simple Tense: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verb-tenses_past.htm
Here’s a video that introduces the Past Simple Tense:
6. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: DETERMINATION – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- the act of determining the properties of something
- the quality of being determined to do or achieve something; “his determination showed in his every movement”; “he is a man of purpose”
- the act of making up your mind about something; “the burden of decision was his”; “he drew his conclusions quickly”
- a position or opinion or judgment reached after consideration; “a decision unfavorable to the opposition”; “his conclusion took the evidence into account”; “satisfied with the panel’s determination”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/