Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- NEWS 1: You are all invited to our American English Conversation Practice Audio-Video Meeting on Sunday, July 25th, at 10AM Los Angeles time via our own audio-video conference room at https://82681554.myownmeeting.net/login. Here is where you can find out the current Los Angeles Time as compared to your local time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=American+English+with+Maestro+Sersea+Live+Session%2FWebinar%3A+Sunday%2C+July+25th%2C+2021+at+10AM&iso=20210725T10&p1=2473&ah=1
It will be a great opportunity to meet and chat in American English.
2. News 2: We had our fourth live audio-video meeting on Sunday, June 27th, 2021, in which we practiced English and had some great conversations. I highly encourage you to watch the entire 1-hour video so you can improve your English pronunciation, comprehension, and communication. Here’s the video:
3. American English Websites Spotlight: Did you know we feature a variety of American English idioms on our website, www.AmericanEnglishIdioms.com ? Visit our website to improve your vocabulary and knowledge of American English idioms. Click here: http://AmericanEnglishIdioms.com
4. English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Our Commercials for English Learners are helpful for improving English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, ASBESTOS REMOVAL: http://sersea.com/2021/01/22/commercials-for-english-learners-asbestos-removal/
5. Careers and Jobs in the USA #9: Physical Therapy Assistants and Aides — We started a whole new educational section designed to help you improve your English reading and listening comprehension, as well as learn about jobs and careers in the United States of America. Please click on the link below to improve your English skills and your knowledge as well. Don’t forget to write a comment and suggest which American careers and jobs you’d like us to include here in the future. Click here: Physical Therapy Assistants and Aides https://usacareers.club/2021/05/20/physical-therapist-assistants-and-aides/
6. Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on 4 TYPES OF SENTENCES. Click here to access a helpful resource on 4 types of sentences: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/sentence/type.htm
Here’s an educational video about 4 Types of Sentences:
7. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: STRENGTH – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- the property of being physically or mentally strong; “fatigue sapped his strength”
- the condition of financial success; “the strength of the company’s stock in recent weeks”
- the amount of energy transmitted (as by acoustic or electromagnetic radiation); “he adjusted the intensity of the sound”; “they measured the station’s signal strength”
- the power to induce the taking of a course of action or the embracing of a point of view by means of argument or entreaty; “the strength of his argument settled the matter”
- capacity to produce strong physiological or chemical effects; “the toxin’s potency”; “the strength of the drinks”
- physical energy or intensity; “he hit with all the force he could muster”; “it was destroyed by the strength of the gale”; “a government has not the vitality and forcefulness of a living man”
- capability in terms of personnel and materiel that affect the capacity to fight a war; “we faced an army of great strength”; “politicians have neglected our military posture”
- permanence by virtue of the power to resist stress or force; “they advertised the durability of their products”
- an asset of special worth or utility; “cooking is his forte”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/
2 thoughts on “American English News from Maestro Sersea #26: 7/04/2021”
Hello , Hind from Iraq ,strength is capability the term of personnel and material that affect the capacity to fight , Iraqi politician neglected good professional in electricity and leave my country suffering turn of in summer because of corruption, more tower electricity destroy know while there was mor line cut of station.
Hello , Hind from Iraq
– Interrogative sentence (Did Iraqi suffer electricity cut of in hot hour summer.
– exclamatory. ( we had failed politician ).
-imperative (young must healthcare old parents so it’s duty the aging population.
-declarative(Iraq is rich country ).