Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- NEWS 1: You are all invited to our American English Conversation Practice Audio-Video Meeting on Sunday, June 27th, at 10AM Los Angeles time via our own audio-video conference room at https://82681554.myownmeeting.net/login. Here is where you can find out the current Los Angeles Time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=American+English+With+Maestro+Sersea+Live+Session%2FWebinar%3A+Sunday%2C+June+27th%2C+2021+at+10AM&iso=20210627T10&p1=137&ah=1
It will be a great opportunity to meet and chat in American English.
2. News 2: We had our third live audio-video meeting on Sunday, June 6th, 2021, in which we practiced English and had some great conversations. I highly encourage you to watch the entire 1-hour video so you can improve your English pronunciation, comprehension, and communication. Here’s the video:
3. News 3: Now you can learn more about your teacher, Maestro Sersea. Click here to read about him as well as watch videos in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Bangla, and Hindi: http://sersea.com/2021/03/26/learn-about-maestro-sersea/
4. American English Websites Spotlight: Did you know we feature a variety of American Careers on our website, USACAREERS.CLUB ? Visit our website to learn about careers in the USA and improve your American English comprehension and vocabulary. Click here: http://USACAREERS.CLUB
5. English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Our Commercials for English Learners are helpful for improving English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, ARCHITECT: http://sersea.com/2021/01/21/commercials-for-english-learners-architect/
6. Careers and Jobs in the USA #7: Occupational Therapy Assistants and Aides — We started a whole new educational section designed to help you improve your English reading and listening comprehension, as well as learn about jobs and careers in the United States of America. Please click on the link below to improve your English skills and your knowledge as well. Don’t forget to write a comment and suggest which American careers and jobs you’d like us to include here in the future. Click here: https://usacareers.club/2021/05/20/occupational-therapy-assistants-and-aides/
7. Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on IRREGULAR VERBS. Click here to access a list of irregular verbs: https://www.englishclub.com/vocabulary/irregular-verbs-list.htm
Here’s a video that includes irregular verbs in conversations:
8. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: SKILL– Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- ability to produce solutions in some problem domain; “the skill of a well-trained boxer”; “the sweet science of pugilism”
- an ability that has been acquired by training
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/