Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our American English class. If you’re not registered yet, did you know we offer a free American English class via www.usaenglish.club ? On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- NEWS 1: Ioan Elvis Sersea, M.A., M.A.T. aka Maestro Sersea, was recently interviewed by Mike Herrera of Harbor Speaks Video and Podcast Radio in Wilmington, California, about the free online English class he has created for English Learners from all over the world. Listen to this podcast interview to improve your English listening skills and increase your knowledge about the English course Maestro Sersea has created.
2. News 2: We had our fifth live audio-video meeting on Sunday, July 25th, 2021, in which we practiced English and had some great conversations. I highly encourage you to watch the entire 1-hour video so you can improve your English pronunciation, comprehension, and communication. Here’s the video:
4. We are happy to introduce to you our newest website, World Facts Club which helps English Learners improve English listening and reading comprehension, as well as writing skills. Here’s a video that introduces our website:
This week, we feature the country of Afghanistan, as part of our World Facts Club website. Please click on the link below and share your thoughts in the comments section after learning about Afghanistan: http://worldfacts.club/2021/07/26/afghanistan-world-facts-club/
5. Careers and Jobs in the USA #13: Animal Care and Service Workers— We started a whole new educational section designed to help you improve your English reading and listening comprehension, as well as learn about jobs and careers in the United States of America. Please click on the link below and watch the videos to improve your English skills and your knowledge as well. Don’t forget to write a comment and suggest which American careers and jobs you’d like us to include here in the future. Click here: Animal Care and Service Workers
6. Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on Regular and Irregular Verbs. Click here to learn about regular and irregular verbs: https://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/irregular-verbs.asp
Are you ready to test your knowledge about regular and irregular verbs? Take the quizzes below:
Irregular Verbs Quiz
Irregular Verbs Quiz 2
7. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: REGULAR – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com :
- a garment size for persons of average height and weight
- regularly scheduled for fixed times; “at a regular meeting of the PTA”; “regular bus departures” scheduled
- conforming to a standard or pattern; “following the regular procedure of the legislature”; “a regular electrical outlet” standard
- (used of the military) belonging to or engaged in by legitimate army forces; “the regular army” standing
- (of solids) having clear dimensions that can be measured; volume can be determined with a suitable geometric formula
- in accordance with fixed order or procedure or principle; “his regular calls on his customers”; “regular meals”; “regular duties” daily, first-string, lawful, official, regularized, routine, standard, timed, well-ordered, uniform, weak
- not deviating from what is normal; “her regular bedtime” normal
- officially full-time; “regular students” full-time
- relating to a person who does something regularly; “a regular customer”; “a steady drinker” frequent
- in accord with regular practice or procedure; “took his regular morning walk”; “her regular bedtime” usual
- a soldier in the regular army
- a dependable follower (especially in party politics); “he is one of the party regulars”
- a regular patron; “an habitue of the racetrack”; “a bum who is a Central Park fixture”
- not constipated diarrheal, lax
- occurring at fixed intervals; “a regular beat”; “the even rhythm of his breathing” steady
- symmetrically arranged; “even features”; “regular features”; “a regular polygon” symmetrical
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/
8 thoughts on “American English News from Maestro Sersea #30: 8/1/2021”
respected Maestro Sersea ,
I listened to your interview recently by Mike Herrera of Harbor. It was an interesting and engaging interview. Your first love was music and English is your third language yet you are an excellent English teacher. Good to hear that you have 8 thousand and five hundred
students. Your plan ‘ B ‘ of retirement is amazing. May God always shower his blessing upon you and to your family.
Hello teacher I have just listened to your interview. Interesting to hear that you are a teacher, I appreciate that. This conversation allow me to test my listening because I can say that I have caught every single word you say.
Thanks a lot for helping us improving our english.
This is samir kumar Malviya I listened podcasts and also read about regular verb and irregular verb and and also have done quizzes I got 9/10 in first and 7/10 in second quiz test
Thank you so much sir for your help
Thanks & Regards
Samir kumar Malviya
I am Samir kumar Malviya from India I listened your interactions on podcasts it was really a great conversation.
I have done the assignment on regular and irregular verbs I got 9/10 in first quiz and 7/10 in second quiz.
excellent maestro sersea. i have read the material and i like it. participate and share experiences as well is so awesome. blessing maestro sersea. i am Benjamin Rodríguez Rivera from Nicaragua country..
Hello , hind from Iraq
I listened to interview recently by Mike Herrera of harbor you are excellent English teach. I proud you to give some of your time for strange people learning English , I would like to thank you very very much I wish all teachers in world like your humanity , thank you .
Hello ، Hind from Iraq , regular conform to standard or pattern
I wish regular election in Iraq this year however we did not have regular standard army
Greetings Maestro Sersea
I have hearded the interview with Mr. Mike Herrera of Harbor and it’s pretty interesting in my case I have improve my English skills, thank you so much for your effort to prepare every lesson I know that you have wide experience in teaching to this beuty laguage.