Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our American English weekly newsletter. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
Earlier this week Americans celebrated Thanksgiving. I sent you a video so you could learn about Thanksgiving. Now, I’d like to know what you are thankful for. I’ve created a video, to help you, as well as translations into French, Spanish, and Brazillian Portuguese (click on the links).
- NEWS 1: Here is a list of the rest of our live sessions/webinars for 2021:
— December 5th, 10AM – 11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
— December 12th, 10AM – 11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
2. NEWS 2: We had our eleventh live audio-video meeting on Sunday, November 21st, 2021, in which we practiced English and had some great conversations. I highly encourage you to watch the entire re-recorded video so you can improve your English pronunciation, comprehension, and communication. Here’s the video:
3. News 3: Students, if you wish to continue to receive free English lessons from Maestro Sersea, you need to open your emails, complete the lessons, and watch the videos each week. If you’re not working hard to improve your English skills with Maestro Sersea, then there are other motivated English Learners who wish to learn English in your place. Maestro Sersea will soon review student activity records and delete students who have not been actively learning English via our English lessons and videos. Once students are deleted, they will no longer receive email lessons and newsletters to improve their English skills.
4. Learn and communicate about countries of the world with www.WorldFacts.club — We are happy to introduce to you our newest website, World Facts Club which helps English Learners improve English listening and reading comprehension, as well as writing skills. This week, we feature the country of BELGIUM, as part of our World Facts Club website. Please click on the link below and share your thoughts in the comments section after learning about BELGIUM: https://worldfacts.club/2021/11/15/belgium-world-facts-club/
5. Improve your English vocabulary and comprehension with American English Idioms, Lesson 11: https://americanenglishidioms.com/2021/05/24/beat-someone-to-the-punch-beat-the-bushes-behind-the-eight-ball-american-english-idioms-11/
6. Careers and Jobs in the USA #30: Special Education Teachers — Here is our educational section designed to help you improve your English reading and listening comprehension, as well as learn about jobs and careers in the United States of America. Please click on the link below and watch the videos to improve your English skills and your knowledge as well. Don’t forget to write a comment and suggest which American careers and jobs you’d like us to include here in the future. Click here: https://usacareers.club/2021/05/27/special-education-teachers/
7. English Grammar Skills Video of the Week:
8. English Pronunciation Skills Video of the Week:
9. Creative Story of the Week: John’s Pursuit of Success in America: Creative Stories #1. Click here: https://usareading.club/2021/11/21/johns-pursuit-of-success-in-america-creative-stories-1/
10. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: INTELIGENCE – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com :
- the operation of gathering information about an enemy
- the ability to comprehend; to understand and profit from experience
- secret information about an enemy (or potential enemy); “we sent out planes to gather intelligence on their radar coverage”
- a unit responsible for gathering and interpreting information about an enemy
- new information about specific and timely events; “they awaited news of the outcome”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/