Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- NEWS 1: You are all invited to our American English Conversation Practice Audio-Video Meeting on Sunday, June 6th, at 10AM Los Angeles time via our own audio-video conference room at https://82681554.myownmeeting.net/login. It will be a great opportunity to meet and chat in American English.
- News 2: We had our second live audio-video meeting on Sunday, April 25th, 2021, in which we discussed many details, including certificates, assessments, and learning topics regarding our Free English Class. I highly encourage you to watch the entire 1-hour video so you learn more about our class. Here’s the video:
3. News 3: Now you can learn more about your teacher, Maestro Sersea. Click here to read about him as well as watch videos in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Bangla, and Hindi: http://sersea.com/2021/03/26/learn-about-maestro-sersea/
4. American English Lessons Spotlight: Did you know we have 53 videos for nearly 100 American English Dialogues on our YouTube Channel? Here’s the link to all of our American English Dialogue videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRAkBbatikIjUQhXXPSKNQJmMTQotEUsI
5. English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Our Commercials for English Learners are helpful for improving English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, ANIMAL TRAINING: http://sersea.com/2021/01/19/commercials-for-english-learners-animal-training/
6. Careers and Jobs in the USA #3: COOKS — Two weeks ago, we started a whole new educational section designed to help you improve your English reading and listening comprehension, as well as learn about jobs and careers in the United States of America. Please click on the link below to improve your English skills and your knowledge as well. Don’t forget to write a comment and suggest which American careers and jobs you’d like us to include here in the future. Click here: https://usacareers.club/2021/05/20/cooks/
7. Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on Parts of Speech: CONJUNCTION. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about CONJUNCTIONS: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/conjunctions.htm
Here’s a video that introduces CONJUNCTIONS:
8. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: DEPENDABLE– Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- financially sound; “a good investment”; “a secure investment” sound
- consistent in performance or behavior; “dependable in one’s habits”; “a steady-going family man” steady
- worthy of being depended on; “a dependable worker”; “an honest working stiff”; “a reliable source of information”; “he was true to his word”; “I would be true for there are those who trust me” trustworthy
- worthy of reliance or trust; “a reliable source of information”; “a dependable worker” certain, straight, tested, true, undeviating
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/
6 thoughts on “American English News from Maestro Sersea #20: 5/23/2021”
I’m from Kyrgyzstan
Greetings from California, USA, Elmira. Welcome aboard! 🙂
Hello, Maestro Sersea, I want to thank you for helping us to improve the English lenguage, you are the best.
God bless you
Thank you for your kind words, Ana! 🙂
Thanks for the lessons and it is useful
Thank you for your kind words, Leang. 🙂