Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- Urgent News #1: Students, would you like to invite your family, friends, or colleagues to take this free online English course together with you? Here is the link for registration: https://elearningusa.aweb.page/p/33a14977-d3e6-45b8-ab1a-2b8e05b0603d
- Urgent News #2: In addition to our free course, I am also creating a very low-cost English Class featuring improved website and lessons, weekly audio-video webinars, 4 exams with certificates every 3 months, and more. I will share more information about this in the future and you can email me for more details.
- Urgent News #3: Let’s meet and chat together on March 14th, 2021. I will let you know more details in the upcoming weeks. 🙂
- English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Our Commercials for English Learners are helpful for improving English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, CHILD CARE SERVICE: http://sersea.com/2021/01/14/commercials-for-english-learners-child-care/
- Maestro Sersea Home and Travel Videos Spotlight: Do you like to travel to nearby places where you live? Here’s are 3 videos I made recently from my neighborhood park, Grand Park in Aliso Viejo, California, USA. I’ll share more driving videos from beautiful places soon:
6. Weekly English Grammar Spotlight: Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on English Past Perfect Continuous Tense. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about the Past Perfect Continuous Tense: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verb-tenses_past-perfect-continuous.htm
Here’s a video that introduces the Past Perfect Continuous Tense:
7. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: EVOLUTION – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- (biology) the sequence of events involved in the evolutionary development of a species or taxonomic group of organisms
- a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage); “the development of his ideas took many years”; “the evolution of Greek civilization”; “the slow development of her skill as a writer”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/
4 thoughts on “American English News from Maestro Sersea #8: 2/28/2021”
Hello. This is Wilber.
In this lesson a learned the structure of the Past Perfect Continuous:
Subject + had + been + verb – ing
These are new words/expressions for me:
To come along (accompany someone)
To turn out (Happen in a particular way)
Street vendor (a person who offers goods or services for sale to the public without having a permanently built structure)
To check out (Visit a place in order to learn about it)
To look forward (Feel excited about something that is going to happen)
To nod means to move your head up and down to show approval.
To keep an eye on someone/something: if you keep an eye on something or someone you watch them carefully.
Way too (to A degree that is very excessive)
Well done, Wilber. 🙂
Hello ,this is Hind ,this lesson i learned past perfect continuous , that shows an action that started in the past continued up until another time in the past.
Evaluation :prosses in which something passed degrees to a different stage(specially more advantage or mature stage),development happen in era that is corresponding in all branch in life like biology, organic ,science, or another type.
I’m glad you’re learning, Hind. 🙂