Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our free online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
1. Urgent News: Students, many of you have asked me how you can collaborate with other English Learners to improve American English skills. Great news! I have just purchased a monthly audio-video conferencing service that allows up to 500 users to chat and interact in our own online audio-video conference room. You are encouraged to visit our online conference room as often as you wish in order to practice your writing skills as you chat, make friends, and collaborate with your colleagues. In the near future, I will also organize some online live events so we can meet and practice English together. Please visit: http://sersea.com/chat-room/
2. Lesson Spotlight – Lesson Preview Videos: Every week, you will receive American English lessons from me. At the beginning of each lesson, I share a preview video that identifies how to complete and learn from each lesson. Please make sure you watch the lesson preview videos before you start each lesson. Here’s an example of a preview lesson video from Preparation 5 – Resources, which can help you improve your English much faster:
3. Weekly English Grammar Spotlight: Each week we will focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on English Present Perfect Tense. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about the Present Perfect: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verb-tenses_present-perfect.htm
Here’s a video that introduces the Present Perfect Tense:
4. English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Great news students, we now have a new learning resource, Commercials for English Learners which are helpful with English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, Bakery: http://sersea.com/2021/01/13/commercials-for-english-learners-bakery/
5. Maestro Sersea Home and Travel Videos Spotlight: Do you like to travel to nearby places where you live? Here’s a video I made in 2009 at Lake Arrowhead, California. Lake Arrowhead is in the mountains, only about 1 hour and a half from the Pacific Ocean. The great thing about living in Southern California is that you can visit the ocean, the desert, and the mountains all in the same day. I hope you enjoy the video:
Do you want to watch other videos I’ve filmed? Visit my YouTube Channel –
Maestro Sersea Home and Travel Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRAkBbatikIh46MMQ-3c_ccsoF6v3xlhB
Thank you, students. I will send you the next News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/
9 thoughts on “American English News from Maestro Sersea #3: 1/24/2021”
Hello, i’m mongi
The English grammar lesson of this weekend shows me how to use the perfect tense in English.
It taught me also how to use the word “for” and “since” with perfect tense when I speak English.
Every new lesson from you makes me feel proud to learn English with you.
Thank you for everything.
Mongi, I’m glad you had such a positive experience learning American English this week. Keep up the great positive attitude. 🙂
I am Albertine
I am very happy with the lessons of today!
I learned the use of present perfect tense, present perfect continuous tense, past perfect continuous as well as the use of for and since.
It used to confuse me but today, I am lucky.
Thank you so much
I’m happy you learned something new today. 🙂
Hello, I’m Nelson.
The video to introduces the Present Perfect Tense is very good and I repeat it a lot for a best comprehension. I was speaking today using this exercises, and I going to use all the week.
I’m glad you enjoyed this grammar lesson. Next week we will have another one. 🙂
Hello. I have been learning a lot since I subscribed to these english lessons. Thank you very much for your effort.
Wilber, From Nicaragua.
I’m glad you’re improving your English, Wilber. 🙂