Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- Urgent News: We had our first live audio-video meeting last week on Sunday, March 14th, 2021, in which we discussed many details about our Free English Class. I highly encourage you to watch the entire 1-hour video so you learn more about our class. Here’s the video:
2. English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Our Commercials for English Learners are helpful for improving English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, Accident Attorney: http://sersea.com/2021/01/17/commercials-for-english-learners-accident-attorney/
3. American English Lessons Spotlight: Did you know we have 64 videos of the entire Dolch Words American English Vocabulary list on our YouTube Channel? Here’s the link to all of our Dolch Words vocabulary videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRAkBbatikIhqjMIOXMqYpouKGO1-36fL
4. Maestro Sersea Home and Travel Videos Spotlight: Do you like to travel to nearby places where you live? Here’s is a video I made recently while driving through Newport Beach and Laguna Beach, in South Orange County, California, USA. I’ll share more driving videos from beautiful places soon:
5. Weekly English Grammar Spotlight: Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on English Future Perfect Tense. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about the Future Perfect Tense: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verb-tenses_future-perfect.htm
Here’s a video that introduces the Future Perfect Tense:
6. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: DETERMINATION – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- the act of determining the properties of something
- the quality of being determined to do or achieve something; “his determination showed in his every movement”; “he is a man of purpose”
- the act of making up your mind about something; “the burden of decision was his”; “he drew his conclusions quickly”
- a position or opinion or judgment reached after consideration; “a decision unfavorable to the opposition”; “his conclusion took the evidence into account”; “satisfied with the panel’s determination”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/
One thought on “American English News from Maestro Sersea #11: 3/21/2021”
Hi, I am Wilber.
In this lesson I learned that the formula for the future present tense is: Will have + verb in past participle.
Some typical time expressions:
By the time.
Ten years from now.
In ten years.
In the quiz I scored 10 out of ten.
Thank you very much.