Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- News #1: Let’s meet and chat together today, on Sunday, April 25th, 2021. We will meet today, Sunday, April 25th, at 10AM Los Angeles time, in our Audio-Video Conference/Chat Room: https://82681554.myownmeeting.net/login Here is where you can find out the current Los Angeles Time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/los-angeles
- News #2: Now you can learn more about your teacher, Maestro Sersea. Click here to read about MaestroSersea as well as watch videos in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Bangla, and Hindi: http://sersea.com/2021/03/26/learn-about-maestro-sersea/
- English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Our Commercials for English Learners are helpful for improving English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, CPA (Certified Public Accountants): http://sersea.com/2021/01/17/commercials-for-english-learners-cpa/
- American English Lessons Spotlight: Did you know we have over 400 videos on our YouTube channel? Here is our latest video on our YouTube channel which helps you learn American English Idioms:
5. Educational Websites Spotlight: Did you know that we have our own online English dictionary website? Access our Sersea English Dictionary website here: http://dictionary.sersea.com
Here’s a video that introduces our Sersea English Dictionary website:
6. Weekly English Grammar Spotlight: Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on Parts of Speech: DETERMINER. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about DETERMINERS: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/determiners.htm
Here’s a video that introduces DETERMINERS:
7. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: IDEA– Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- the content of cognition; the main thing you are thinking about; “it was not a good idea”; “the thought never entered my mind”
- a personal view; “he has an idea that we don’t like “
- your intention; what you intend to do; “he had in mind to see his old teacher”; “the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces”
- an approximate calculation of quantity or degree or worth; “an estimate of what it would cost”; “a rough idea how long it would take”
- (music) melodic subject of a musical composition; “the theme is announced in the first measures”; “the accompanist picked up the idea and elaborated it”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/
6 thoughts on “American English News from Maestro Sersea #16: 4/25/2021”
Thanks a million sir for your efforts
Thank you for studying with us here, Moh! 🙂
The videos are wonderful. I specially like the video on “Determiners”, the 4 types of determiners. The presenter explains so nicely. The video really helped me to understand very clearly about determiners.
Thank you so much my dear teacher.
Thank you for your kind words, Sultana. 🙂
I wrote these examples with the idioms:
Ace in the hole:
The thieves tried to break into the house again this week, but the owner had an ace in the hole: a guardian dog.
Ace up (one’s) sleeve:
It seemed the lawyer was going to lose the trial, but his last witness was an ace up his sleeve.
A beautiful woman is the Achilles’ heel for most Latino men.
I got 80% on the determiners Quiz.
Good job, Wilber. I hope all’s well. 🙂