Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our American English weekly newsletter. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- NEWS 1: We had our thirteenth live audio-video meeting on Sunday, December 12th, 2021, in which we practiced English and had some great conversations. I highly encourage you to watch the entire video so you can improve your English pronunciation, comprehension, and communication. Here’s the video:
2. News 2: Great news!!! We now have our own online radio station for English Learners that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. You’re invited to visit our site to listen to the radio, learn, and share your constructive comments: https://maestrosersea.com/2021/12/03/the-official-maestro-sersea-radio-station-share-your-comments/
In addition, we have an ANDROID app in the Google Play app store so that you can listen to our radio station on your phone anytime you wish. Click here to download it on your computer or phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icreo.maestrosersea
You can also use your phone camera to download the Android app by turning it on and pointing it to the following QR code:
4. News 4: Students, if you wish to continue to receive free English lessons from Maestro Sersea, you need to open your emails, complete the lessons, and watch the videos each week. If you’re not working hard to improve your English skills with Maestro Sersea, then there are other motivated English Learners who wish to learn English in your place. Maestro Sersea will soon review student activity records and delete students who have not been actively learning English via our English lessons and videos. Once students are deleted, they will no longer receive email lessons and newsletters to improve their English skills.
5. CREATIVE STORY OF THE WEEK: Improve your listening and reading comprehension – Click here: Jose and the American Dream: Creative Stories #3
6. Careers and Jobs in the USA #32: Food and Beverage Serving and Related Workers — Here is our educational section designed to help you improve your English reading and listening comprehension, as well as learn about jobs and careers in the United States of America. Please click on the link below and watch the videos to improve your English skills and your knowledge as well. Don’t forget to write a comment and suggest which American careers and jobs you’d like us to include here in the future. Click here: Food and Beverage Serving and Related Workers
7. Improve your English vocabulary and comprehension with American English Idioms, Lesson 13: BESIDE THE POINT, BET (ONE’S) BOOTS, and BET (ONE’S) BOTTOM DOLLAR: American English Idioms #13
8. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: INTERPRET – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com :
- make sense of; assign a meaning to; “What message do you see in this letter?”; “How do you interpret his behavior?”
- give an interpretation or explanation to
- give an interpretation or rendition of; “The pianist rendered the Beethoven sonata beautifully”
- restate (words) from one language into another language; “I have to translate when my in-laws from Austria visit the U.S.”; “Can you interpret the speech of the visiting dignitaries?”; “She rendered the French poem into English”; “He translates for the U.
- create an image or likeness of; “The painter represented his wife as a young girl”
- make sense of a language; “She understands French”; “Can you read Greek?”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/