Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- NEWS 1: You are all invited to our American English Conversation Practice Audio-Video Meeting on Sunday, July 25th, 2021 at 10AM Los Angeles time via our own audio-video conference room at https://82681554.myownmeeting.net/login. Here is where you can find out the current Los Angeles Time as compared to your local time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=American+English+with+Maestro+Sersea+Live+Session%2FWebinar%3A+Sunday%2C+July+25th%2C+2021+at+10AM&iso=20210725T10&p1=2473&ah=1
It will be a great opportunity to meet and chat in American English.
2. News 2: Students, if you wish to continue to receive free English lessons from Maestro Sersea, you need to open your emails, complete the lessons, and watch the videos each week. If you’re not working hard to improve your English skills with Maestro Sersea, then there are other motivated English Learners who wish to learn English in your place. Maestro Sersea will soon review student activity records and delete students who have not been actively learning English via our English lessons and videos. Once students are deleted, they will no longer receive email lessons and newsletters to improve their English skills.
3. News 3: We had our fourth live audio-video meeting on Sunday, June 27th, 2021, in which we practiced English and had some great conversations. I highly encourage you to watch the entire 1-hour video so you can improve your English pronunciation, comprehension, and communication. Here’s the video:
5. Careers and Jobs in the USA #12: Information Security Analysts— We started a whole new educational section designed to help you improve your English reading and listening comprehension, as well as learn about jobs and careers in the United States of America. Please click on the link below and watch the videos to improve your English skills and your knowledge as well. Don’t forget to write a comment and suggest which American careers and jobs you’d like us to include here in the future. Click here: Information Security Analysts – http://sersea.com/2021/07/18/american-english-news-from-maestro-sersea-28-7-18-2021/
6. Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on Subject-Verb Agreement. Click here to learn how to correctly use Subject-Verb Agreement in sentences: https://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/subjectverbagree.asp
Are you ready for the quiz?
7. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: ENGAGE – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com :
- get caught; “make sure the gear is engaged”
- ask to represent; of legal counsel; “I’m retaining a lawyer”
- as of wars, battles, or campaigns; “Napoleon and Hitler waged war against all of Europe”
- as of aid, help, services, or support
- keep engaged; “engaged the gears”
- carry out or participate in an activity; be involved in; “She pursued many activities”; “They engaged in a discussion”
- give to in marriage
- engage or hire for work; “They hired two new secretaries in the department”; “How many people has she employed?”
- engage or engross wholly; “Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely”
- engage for service under a term of contract; “We took an apartment on a quiet street”; “Let’s rent a car”; “Shall we take a guide in Rome?”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/