Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- NEWS 1: Here is a list of the rest of our live sessions/webinars for 2021:
— August 15th, 10AM-11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
— September 19th, 10AM -11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
— October 3rd, 10AM – 11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
— October 17th, 10AM – 11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
— November 7th, 10AM – 11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
— November 21st, 10AM – 11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
— December 5th, 10AM – 11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
— December 12th, 10AM – 11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
2. NEWS 2: Ioan Elvis Sersea, M.A., M.A.T. aka Maestro Sersea, was recently interviewed by Mike Herrera of Harbor Speaks Video and Podcast Radio in Wilmington, California, about the free online English class he has created for English Learners from all over the world. Listen to this podcast interview to improve your English listening skills and increase your knowledge about the English course Maestro Sersea has created.
3. NEWS 3: We had our fifth live audio-video meeting on Sunday, July 25th, 2021, in which we practiced English and had some great conversations. I highly encourage you to watch the entire 1-hour video so you can improve your English pronunciation, comprehension, and communication. Here’s the video:
5. We are happy to introduce to you our newest website, World Facts Club which helps English Learners improve English listening and reading comprehension, as well as writing skills. This week, we feature the country of Albania, as part of our World Facts Club website. Please click on the link below and share your thoughts in the comments section after learning about Albania: http://worldfacts.club/2021/08/08/albania-world-facts-club/
6. Careers and Jobs in the USA #14: Wind Turbine Service Technicians— We started a whole new educational section designed to help you improve your English reading and listening comprehension, as well as learn about jobs and careers in the United States of America. Please click on the link below and watch the videos to improve your English skills and your knowledge as well. Don’t forget to write a comment and suggest which American careers and jobs you’d like us to include here in the future. Click here: https://usacareers.club/2021/05/23/wind-turbine-service-technicians/
7. Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on CLAUSES AND PHRASES. Click here to learn about clauses and phrases: https://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/clause-phrase.asp
8. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: TRANSLATE – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com :
- change from one form or medium into another; “Braque translated collage into oil”
- be translatable, or be translatable in a certain way; “poetry often does not translate”; “Tolstoy”s novels translate well into English”
- physics: subject to movement in which every part of the body moves parallel to and the same distance as every other point on the body
- bring to a certain spiritual state
- express, as in simple and less technical langauge; “Can you translate the instructions in this manual for a layman?”; “Is there a need to translate the psychiatrist”s remarks?”
- restate (words) from one language into another language; “I have to translate when my in-laws from Austria visit the U.S.”; “Can you interpret the speech of the visiting dignitaries?”; “She rendered the French poem into English”; “He translates for the U.
- genetics: determine the amino-acid sequence of a protein during its synthesis by using information on the messenger RNA
- change the position of (figures or bodies) in space without rotation
- be equivalent in effect; “the growth in income translates into greater purchasing power”
- make sense of a language; “She understands French”; “Can you read Greek?”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/
2 thoughts on “American English News from Maestro Sersea #31: 8/8/2021”
Thank you a lot
I have learned lot of things
It’s really interesting
Hello , Hind from Iraq
Translate : express as in simple and less technical language.
: be equivalent in effective.
Iraqi young struggling translate their want home to live faraway Violent conflict