Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- NEWS 1: Here is a list of the rest of our live sessions/webinars for 2021:
— November 7th, 10AM – 11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
— November 21st, 10AM – 11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
— December 5th, 10AM – 11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
— December 12th, 10AM – 11AM (Los Angeles Time) via our chatroom: https://elearningusa.myownmeeting.net/
2. NEWS 2: We had our ninth live audio-video meeting on Sunday, October 17th, 2021, in which we practiced English and had some great conversations. I highly encourage you to watch the entire video so you can improve your English pronunciation, comprehension, and communication. Here’s the video:
3. News 3: Students, if you wish to continue to receive free English lessons from Maestro Sersea, you need to open your emails, complete the lessons, and watch the videos each week. If you’re not working hard to improve your English skills with Maestro Sersea, then there are other motivated English Learners who wish to learn English in your place. Maestro Sersea will soon review student activity records and delete students who have not been actively learning English via our English lessons and videos. Once students are deleted, they will no longer receive email lessons and newsletters to improve their English skills.
4. Learn and communicate about countries of the world with www.WorldFacts.club — We are happy to introduce to you our newest website, World Facts Club which helps English Learners improve English listening and reading comprehension, as well as writing skills. This week, we feature the country of BAHAMAS, as part of our World Facts Club website. Please click on the link below and share your thoughts in the comments section after learning about BAHAMAS: http://worldfacts.club/2021/10/25/bahamas-world-facts-club/
5. Read a book online: Hungary Country Studies
Now you can read and comment on an entire book in American English on our website. Click here: https://worldfacts.club/2021/10/07/hungary-country-study/
6. American English Idioms, Lesson 6: https://americanenglishidioms.com/2021/05/24/at-ones-wits-end-at-the-drop-of-a-hat-and-at-the-end-of-ones-rope-american-english-idioms-6/
7. Careers and Jobs in the USA #25: Teacher Assistants— We started a whole new educational section designed to help you improve your English reading and listening comprehension, as well as learn about jobs and careers in the United States of America. Please click on the link below and watch the videos to improve your English skills and your knowledge as well. Don’t forget to write a comment and suggest which American careers and jobs you’d like us to include here in the future. Click here: https://usacareers.club/2021/05/27/teacher-assistants/
8. English Grammar Skills Video of the Week:
9. English Pronunciation Video of the Week:
10. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: DEFEND – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com :
- argue or speak in defense of; “She supported the motion to strike”
- be on the defensive; act against an attack
- protect against a challenge or attack; “Hold that position behind the trees!”; “Hold the bridge against the enemy’s attacks”
- be the defense counsel for someone in a trial; “Ms. Smith will represent the defendant”
- state or assert; “He maintained his innocence”
- protect or fight for as a champion
- fight against or resist strongly; “The senator said he would oppose the bill”; “Don’t fight it!”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/
3 thoughts on “American English News from Maestro Sersea #42: 10/24/2021”
excellent videos to practice english skills like the ways its mean to..
Hello , Hind from Iraq .
Power parties argue or speak in defense that credibility of the election
I am Samir kumar Malviya from India here in the American English news lesson I learned new phrases and also words. Watching pronunciation video and some grammar rules. Thank you so much sir for this lesson 🙏