Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- News #1: Let’s meet and chat together next week, on Sunday, April 25th, 2021. We will meet on Sunday, April 25th, at 10AM Los Angeles time, in our Audio-Video Conference/Chat Room: https://82681554.myownmeeting.net/login
- News #2: Now you can learn more about your teacher, Maestro Sersea. Click here to read about him as well as watch videos in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Bangla, and Hindi: http://sersea.com/2021/03/26/learn-about-maestro-sersea/
- English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Our Commercials for English Learners are helpful for improving English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, Construction Contractor: http://sersea.com/2021/01/17/commercials-for-english-learners-construction-contractor/
- American English Lessons Spotlight: Did you know we have nearly 400 videos on our YouTube channel? Here is our latest video on our YouTube channel which helps you introduce yourself to others (we will practice this lesson together at our next live audio/video conference on April 25th)
5. Educational Websites Spotlight: Did you know we have an online poll creation and sharing website? Access our Sersea Polls website here: http://polls.sersea.com/
6. Weekly English Grammar Spotlight: Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on Parts of Speech: ADJECTIVE. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about ADJECTIVES: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/adjective-what.htm
Here’s a video that introduces Adjectives:
7. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: EDUCATION – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- the profession of teaching (especially at a school or college or university)
- the activities of educating or instructing or teaching; activities that impart knowledge or skill; “he received no formal education”; “our instruction was carefully programmed”; “good teaching is seldom rewarded”
- the result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behavior); “a woman of breeding and refinement”
- the gradual process of acquiring knowledge; “education is a preparation for life”; “a girl”s education was less important than a boy”s”
- knowledge acquired by learning and instruction; “it was clear that he had a very broad education”
- the United States federal department that administers all federal programs dealing with education (including federal aid to educational institutions and students); created 1979
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/