Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- News #1: Let’s meet and chat together next week, on Sunday, April 25th, 2021. We will meet on Sunday, April 25th, at 10AM Los Angeles time, in our Audio-Video Conference/Chat Room: https://82681554.myownmeeting.net/login
- News #2: Now you can learn more about your teacher, Maestro Sersea. Click here to read about him as well as watch videos in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Bangla, and Hindi: http://sersea.com/2021/03/26/learn-about-maestro-sersea/
- English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Our Commercials for English Learners are helpful for improving English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, Construction Contractor: http://sersea.com/2021/01/17/commercials-for-english-learners-construction-contractor/
- American English Lessons Spotlight: Did you know we have nearly 400 videos on our YouTube channel? Here is our latest video on our YouTube channel which helps you introduce yourself to others (we will practice this lesson together at our next live audio/video conference on April 25th)
5. Educational Websites Spotlight: Did you know we have an online poll creation and sharing website? Access our Sersea Polls website here: http://polls.sersea.com/
6. Weekly English Grammar Spotlight: Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on Parts of Speech: ADJECTIVE. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about ADJECTIVES: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/adjective-what.htm
Here’s a video that introduces Adjectives:
7. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: EDUCATION – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- the profession of teaching (especially at a school or college or university)
- the activities of educating or instructing or teaching; activities that impart knowledge or skill; “he received no formal education”; “our instruction was carefully programmed”; “good teaching is seldom rewarded”
- the result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behavior); “a woman of breeding and refinement”
- the gradual process of acquiring knowledge; “education is a preparation for life”; “a girl”s education was less important than a boy”s”
- knowledge acquired by learning and instruction; “it was clear that he had a very broad education”
- the United States federal department that administers all federal programs dealing with education (including federal aid to educational institutions and students); created 1979
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/
8 thoughts on “American English News from Maestro Sersea #15: 4/18/2021”
My name is Med Ali Fdal.
I was born in Figuig, Morocco.
I now live in Fes, Fes, Morocco.
I am a retired french teacher.
I don’t currently work.
My hobbies are listening music, hiking and writing.
Learning English is important because I need it to communicate with others.
Best wishes English learners.
Med, Merci Beaucoup! Thank you for completing the assignment and sharing it with us. 🙂
My name is Snezana R.
I was born in Belgrade, Serbia.
I now live in Belgrade, Serbia.
I am a Civil Engineering Technician.
I don’t currently work.
My hobbies are travelling, cooking, exercising and browsing the internet.
Learning English is important because I need it to communicate with others and for my job.
Thank you for introducing yourself and completing the assignment, Snezana. 🙂
This is a simple greetings here in the Philippines.I am Maria menchita Magaling,a fourth year student.Learning English is essential because it is a universal language.It really helps a lot in communicating and dealing with people.I love to learn english.
Welcome, Maria. Thank you for sharing. I’m glad you’re learning English with us. 🙂
Hello. My name is Wilber Salazar.
I was born in Leon, Nicaragua.
I still live in my city of birth.
I live with my mother, my daughter and our pet dog.
I am a social worker.
I enjoy listening to music; taking strolls through the park with my daugther and twin nieces; reading and watching interesting videos on the internet.
Learning english is important to me because I really like this language and because It could help me to get a better job.
Great job, Wilber. I’m glad you benefited from our activity. Well done! 🙂