Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- News 1: We had our second live audio-video meeting on Sunday, April 25th, 2021, in which we discussed many details, including certificates, assessments, and learning topics regarding our Free English Class. I highly encourage you to watch the entire 1-hour video so you learn more about our class. Here’s the video:
2. News 2: Now you can learn more about your teacher, Maestro Sersea. Click here to read about him as well as watch videos in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Bangla, and Hindi: http://sersea.com/2021/03/26/learn-about-maestro-sersea/
3. American English Lessons Spotlight: Did you know we have 53 videos for nearly 100 American English Dialogues on our YouTube Channel? Here’s the link to all of our American English Dialogue videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRAkBbatikIjUQhXXPSKNQJmMTQotEUsI
4. English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Our Commercials for English Learners are helpful for improving English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, Airport Transportation Service: http://sersea.com/2021/01/17/commercials-for-english-learners-airport-transportation-service/
5. Careers and Jobs in the USA #2: Agricultural Workers — Last week we started a whole new educational section designed to help you improve your English reading and listening comprehension, as well as learn about jobs and careers in the United States of America. Please watch the following videos to improve your English skills and your knowledge as well. Don’t forget to suggest which American careers and jobs you’d like us to include here in the future.
6. Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on Parts of Speech: PREPOSITION. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about PREPOSITIONS: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/prepositions.htm
Here’s a video that introduces PREPOSITIONS:
7. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: CAREER– Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- the general progression of your working or professional life; “the general had had a distinguished career”; “he had a long career in the law”
- the particular occupation for which you are trained
- move headlong at high speed; “The cars careered down the road”; “The mob careered through the streets”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/