Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- News 1: Now you can learn more about your teacher, Maestro Sersea. Click here to read about him as well as watch videos in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Bangla, and Hindi: http://sersea.com/2021/03/26/learn-about-maestro-sersea/
- News 2: We had our first live audio-video meeting on Sunday, March 14th, 2021, in which we discussed many details about our Free English Class. I highly encourage you to watch the entire 1-hour video so you learn more about our class. Here’s the video:
3. English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Our Commercials for English Learners are helpful for improving English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, Acupuncture Treatment: http://sersea.com/2021/01/17/commercials-for-english-learners-acupuncture-treatment/
4. American English Lessons Spotlight: Did you know we have 53 videos of nearly 100 dialogues in the English language on our YouTube Channel? Here’s the link to all of our English dialogues covered during year one of our class: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRAkBbatikIjUQhXXPSKNQJmMTQotEUsI
5. Maestro Sersea Home and Travel Videos Spotlight: Do you like to travel to nearby places where you live? Here’s is a video I made recently while driving through Dana Point, in South Orange County, California, USA. I’ll share more driving videos from beautiful places soon:
6. Weekly English Grammar Spotlight: Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on English Future Perfect Continuous Tense. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about the Future Perfect Continuous Tense: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verb-tenses_future-perfect-continuous.htm
Here’s a video that introduces the Future Perfect Continuous Tense:
7. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: INFLUENCE – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- causing something without any direct or apparent effort
- a power to affect persons or events especially power based on prestige etc; “used her parents” influence to get the job”
- a cognitive factor that tends to have an effect on what you do; “her wishes had a great influence on his thinking”
- one having power to influence another; “she was the most important influence in my life”; “he was a bad influence on the children”
- the effect of one thing (or person) on another; “the influence of mechanical action”
- have and exert influence or effect; “The artist”s work influenced the young painter”; “She worked on her friends to support the political candidate”
- induce into action by using one”s charm; “She charmed him into giving her all his money”
- shape or influence; give direction to; “experience often determines ability”; “mold public opinion”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/
3 thoughts on “American English News from Maestro Sersea #12: 3/28/2021”
Hi everyone how are you this week English learners good night.
In this lesson I learned the structure of Future Perfect Continuous Tense.
I tried to write this example by myself:
When this course ends we will have been studying english for almost five years.
And I learned this new words:
Good job, Wilber! 🙂