Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- Urgent News #1: Let’s meet and chat together next week, on Sunday, March 14th, 2021. We will meet on Sunday, March 14th, at 10AM Los Angeles time, in our Audio-Video Conference/Chat Room: https://82681554.myownmeeting.net/login
- English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Our Commercials for English Learners are helpful for improving English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, Air Conditioning Installation Service: http://sersea.com/2021/01/15/commercials-for-english-learners-air-conditioning-installation-service/
- Maestro Sersea Home and Travel Videos Spotlight: Do you like to travel to nearby places where you live? Here’s is a video I made recently while driving on a highway and two freeways near my home, in South Orange County, California, USA. I’ll share more driving videos from beautiful places soon:
4. Weekly English Grammar Spotlight: Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on English Future Simple Tense. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about the Future Simple Tense: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verb-tenses_future.htm
Here’s a video that introduces the Simple Future Tense:
5. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: EVOLVE – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- undergo development or evolution; “Modern man evolved a long time ago”
- work out; “We have developed a new theory of evolution”
- gain through experience; “I acquired a strong aversion to television”; “Children must develop a sense of right and wrong”; “Dave developed leadership qualities in his new position”; “develop a passion for painting”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/
One thought on “American English News from Maestro Sersea #9: 3/07/2021”
I learned about Future Simple and how can I use it.
I also leaned several new words and expressions.
Thank for the beautiful car drinving video. I was not familiar with the terms: Highway and Freeway. I found that The highway is a public road that connects the two cities, whereas freeway is limited and controlled access roads connecting city outskirts and rural areas.