Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
- News 1: Now you can learn more about your teacher, Maestro Sersea. Click here to read about him as well as watch videos in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Bangla, and Hindi: http://sersea.com/2021/03/26/learn-about-maestro-sersea/
- News 2: We had our first live audio-video meeting on Sunday, March 14th, 2021, in which we discussed many details, including certificates, assessments, and learning topics regarding our Free English Class. I highly encourage you to watch the entire 1-hour video so you learn more about our class. Here’s the video:
3. English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Our Commercials for English Learners are helpful for improving English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, Cleaning Service: http://sersea.com/2021/02/05/commercials-for-english-learners-cleaning-service-2/
4. Educational Websites Spotlight: Did you know we have a sports news website that includes news in English about American and international sports? You can now practice your English reading comprehension and follow your sports passion with our daily English sports news website: http://sportsnews.sersea.com/
5. Maestro Sersea Home and Travel Videos Spotlight: Do you like to travel to nearby places where you live? Here’s are two videos I made recently while driving through Dana Point, Capistrano Beach, and San Clemente in South Orange County, California, USA. I’ll share more driving videos from beautiful places soon:
6. Weekly English Grammar Spotlight: Each week we focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on Parts of Speech: Verb. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about the Verbs: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verb-what.htm
Here’s a video that introduces Cooking Verbs:
7. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: ACTION – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- something done (usually as opposed to something said); “there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions”
- the state of being active; “his sphere of activity”; “he is out of action”
- the series of events that form a plot; “his novels always have a lot of action”
- the trait of being active and energetic and forceful; “a man of action”
- the operating part that transmits power to a mechanism; “the piano had a very stiff action”
- an act by a government body or supranational organization; “recent federal action undermined the segregationist position”; “the United Nations must have the power to propose and organize action without being hobbled by irrelevant issues”; “the Union actio
- the most important or interesting work or activity in a specific area or field; “the action is no longer in technology stocks but in municipal bonds”; “gawkers always try to get as close to the action as possible”
- institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against; “He was warned that the district attorney would process him”; “She actioned the company for discrimination”
- a judicial proceeding brought by one party against another; one party prosecutes another for a wrong done or for protection of a right or for prevention of a wrong
- a military engagement; “he saw action in Korea”
- a process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings); “the action of natural forces”; “volcanic activity”
- put in effect; “carry out a task”; “execute the decision of the people”; “He actioned the operation”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next American English News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/
2 thoughts on “American English News from Maestro Sersea #13: 4/04/2021”
Hello. This is Wilber. I got all my answers correct in the quiz.
This is first time I see a motorcycle and bicycles on the road in the driving videos.
Wow. There was a lot of useful information in the cooking verbs video.
Thanks for watching the videos. I’m glad you’re learning with us. 🙂