Hello English Learners and thank you for registering for our free online American English class. On Sunday of every week, I will share news and learning activities with you.
1. Urgent News #1: Students, many of you have asked me how you can collaborate with other English Learners to improve American English skills. Great news! We now have our own website to make friends, join groups, and collaborate with other English Learners via our new website: http://AmericanEnglish.vip . You can click here to create a free account: https://americanenglish.vip/register/ . Please watch the following introductory video:
2. Urgent News #2: Students, many of you have asked me how you can collaborate with other English Learners to improve American English skills. Great news! I have just purchased a monthly audio-video conferencing service that allows up to 500 users to chat and interact in our own online audio-video conference room. You are encouraged to visit our online conference room as often as you wish in order to practice your writing skills as you chat, make friends, and collaborate with your colleagues. In the near future, I will also organize some online live events so we can meet and practice English together. Please visit: http://sersea.com/chat-room/ Please watch the following introductory video:
3. English Listening Comprehension Spotlight: Great news students, we now have Commercials for English Learners which are helpful with English listening skills. I have created video commercials and built some mini lessons around them to help you build American English listening and reading comprehension. Please visit our page to read and watch our commercial, Bankruptcy Attorney: http://sersea.com/2021/01/13/commercials-for-english-learners-bankruptcy-attorney/
4. Maestro Sersea Home and Travel Videos Spotlight: Do you like to travel to nearby places where you live? Here’s another video I made in 2009 at Woodbridge Lake in Irvine, California: Feeding Ducks and Geese. I’ll go there again and share more videos from that beautiful park.
5. Weekly English Grammar Spotlight: Each week we will focus on an English Grammar topic you can review. This week we focus on English Present Perfect Continuous Tense. Here’s a link to where you can learn more about the Present Perfect Continuous: https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verb-tenses_present-perfect-continuous.htm
Here’s a video that introduces the Present Perfect Continuous Tense:
6. English Vocabulary Word of the Day: MOTIVATION – Each week we will focus on a specific English vocabulary word from our online English Dictionary at http://dictionary.sersea.com .
- the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and direction to behavior; “we did not understand his motivation”; “he acted with the best of motives”
- the act of motivating; providing incentive
- the condition of being motivated; “his motivation was at a high level”
Thank you, students. I will send you the next News from Maestro Sersea on Sunday of next week. If you want to access all our previous News from Maestro Sersea, click here for the list: http://sersea.com/news-from-maestrosersea/